Senior Purchasing / Warehouse Pharmacy Technician - $1000 Sign On Bonus for Externals - Chandler, AZ
Senior Purchasing / Warehouse Pharmacy Technician - $1000 Sign On Bonus for Externals - Chandler, AZ-941565
Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Challenge can often be its own reward. But why settle for just being challenged when you can also be nurtured, mentored and supported in building an impact and fast paced career? With UnitedHealth Group you can have all of the above, every day. Here at OptumRx, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we've earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am-7:00pm) with rotating weekends. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 460 S Benson Ln., Ste. 11-12, Chandler, AZ 85224.
- Responsible for all inventory/warehouse levels for all supply (drug and non-drug) purchases
- Responsible for inventory events (weekly, monthly, quarterly); some of which will occur on weekends (or holidays) as required
- Responsible for all ordering of inventory including forecasting and coordination of supply needs
- Receiving, loading, transporting, stocking, and delivery of supplies (drug and non-drug) to the areas of need
- Maintenance and organization of the warehouse area and coordinating processes with other warehouse personnel and the Production area needs
- Responsible for adherence to company guidelines and processes for purchasing and working with outside vendors
- Checking for expiration dates and rotation of stock
- May be required to learn to process prescriptions for specialty therapies to assist pharmacists in prescription processing when required and capturing patient information as requested
- Resolve patient issues when requested while ensuring accurate information is provided
- Comfortable with lifting up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Assist in other duties & responsibilities as requested by management (as business needs dictate)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in State of Arizona
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
- Available to work 40 hours per week and overtime as required according to the needs of the business (8-hour shift between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. M - F). May be required to work some weekends & holidays as needed.
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Previous experience with Home infusion / hospital
- 1+ years Pharmacy Technician experience
- Previous (supply) Purchasing experience
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Standing, walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities:
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Optum, OptumRx, BriovaRX, Chandler, AZ, PCTB, Delivery Coordinator, Pharmacy, Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Technician, Warehouse, Purchasing, Purchaser, Chandler, Phoenix, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, #RPO
Job Pharmacy OperationsPrimary LocationUS-AZ-ChandlerOrganization OptumRx Infusion SvcsSchedule Full-timeNumber of Openings 1