Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient's health. WellMed's proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Social workers are responsible for providing social work services to patients and families. They function as a member of the departmental team which includes educating the patient, family and members of the healthcare team regarding benefits, community resources, referrals for counseling and other pertinent information. Social workers are also responsible for triaging referrals and collaborating on cases with other members of the healthcare delivery team. In addition, social workers must be able to assist the patient in a sensitive and supportive manner, while acting as an advocate on behalf of the patient.
This role is based in Orlando, with travel throughout Orange, Osceola, Volusia and Seminole counties. Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm
- Assesses patient and family psychosocial needs and develops plan of care in concert with patient, physicians, nurses and other members of the departmental team
- Links patients / family to appropriate community resources including but not limited to, information/referral to sources of financial assistance, transportation, support groups, and other community services
- Documents patient / family status, diagnosis, treatment plan, goals, and interventions, evaluation results, observations and progress in medical record
- Serves as patient advocate and liaison with physicians, families, insurance company, community agencies and others as needed to ensure continuity of care
- Provides discharge planning based on meeting identified goals of the treatment plan
- Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health environment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Case management experience
- Experience in managed care
- Previous experience working in home health or field based role
- Bilingual Spanish
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: LMFT, LCSW, PH.D, Social Worker, case manager, behavioral health, managed care, mental health, bilingual, Spanish, Field, Orlando, FL, Florida