MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSDs success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSDs Information Technology division partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high-energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing MSDs contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
Our team solves a broad range of business problems using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning methods. We work in a project-based manner, often on proofs of concepts and prototypes. We are looking for a junior versatile software engineer specialised in backend development and/or data processing.
Together with our frontend and ML/AI developers, User Experience researchers and designers, you will design and implement applications that will be used by the company's scientists, analysts, and occasionally also customers.
It is an ideal opportunity for a junior engineer looking for experience with a broad range of projects: early drug discovery, Natural Language Processing for regulatory documents, chatbots, search (information retrieval), etc. You will have a lot of opportunity to learn from your senior colleagues.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* Python programming experience
* Experience with modern software development tools (Linux, Git, unit testing, deployment)
Nice to Have
* Master's in Computer Science or Engineering
* Experience with Java or Scala, C/C or similar programming experience
* Experience with data processing
* Data pipelines
* Data transformation and cleaning
* Experience with contributing to Open Source Software
What you might learn about on the job
* Pharma drug development lifecycle
* Working with international multidisciplinary teams
* Enterprise-grade software engineering
* And a lot more
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and were counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, were inventing for life.