Software Engineer III
A day in the life
- Work with a small agile team to design and develop ETLT, Big Data, and machine learning implementations.
- Develop tools that allow teams to configure high performance, highly scalable ETLT pipelines using Apache Spark, Python, and AWS EMR.
- Use machine learning to implement near real time anomaly detection against data as it flow through our platform.
- Develop Java and Node based micro-services and lambdas as part of the Accolade Cloud Platform.
- Contribute to engineering best practices and help shape the future of our big data and technologies.
- Support internal customers of our ETLT and customer configuration tooling including researching and validating detected anomalies, failed pipelines, and monitor alarms.
- Interface with our internal users and product team to gather requirements and feedback.
What we are looking for
- Minimum of 4 years of experience designing and building Big Data and ETLT products using cloud native solutions.
- You are a Python, Apache Spark, and SQL expert.
- Production experience building out scalable, secure, and performant ETLT pipelines.
- Production experience with cloud native Big Data.
- Experience with AWS and AWS EMR is a plus.
- Preferred experience with: Java, Machine Learning, Anomaly Detection, AWS: Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB.
- Desire and willingness to work in an Agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.