Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Primary job includes supporting sample management, compound tracking and registration, preparation of solutions and solid for assays, coordinating sample shipping and receiving, and general support for the chemistry and pharmacology team. You will work within a highly collaborative group focused on infectious disease research. Candidates should have experience working in a laboratory research setting.
- With guidance from our Scientists, support sample management, compound tracking, labeling, and registration
- Maintaining stock of laboratory supplies
- Preparation of solutions and solid for assays
- Receive and inventory reagents and samples
- Responsibilities include sample shipping and receiving
- Operation and maintenance of automation equipment
- Maintain a high level of scientific integrity and laboratory safety
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Qualifications And Experience
- Experience working in a biology or chemistry laboratory setting
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work with inter-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to quickly develop new technical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- BS/MS in chemistry, biology, or related field
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.