Therapia Staffing is currently seeking three (3) Speech Language Pathologists for a full-time contract. This is a school-based position that will run at least through the 2015/16 school year and guaranteed 37.5 a week. All positions can be given an offer the same day. Please know that new grads/CFY's are not accepted. All positions must be SLP certified through the State of Maryland.
The three positions are:
- Temporary position to cover for employee on maternity leave - middle school setting and the candidate will split their time between two schools. The caseload is approximately 55. 7.5 hours a day for 14 weeks starting in March.
- Supervisory role - high school setting, splitting time between two schools. Caseload is approximately 65 with most being consults and meetings. Start immediately and goes through the end of the year.
- SLP - highschool setting for one school. Caseload is approximately 55 students. Can start ASAP and contract will be through the end of school.
- Evaluate, plan and implement therapy treatments for patients with speech, language, voice and fluency disorders as prescribed by a physician.
- Supervise the work of assistants and ancillary staff.
- May select alternative communication systems and teach their use.
- May perform research related to speech and language problems.
- Evaluate patients, develops POC, perform treatments.
- Schedule and manage patient, rehab care and documents charges.
- Document according to established site-specific guidelines for therapy.
- Supervise staff in performing clinical and departmental operations and provides feedback to management.
- Demonstrate accountability for professional growth.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Complete operational tasks according to the needs of the department.
- Demonstrate professional leadership.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Assist management in financial operations of the department.
- Provide support to management for staff development, program development, and recruitment/retention.
- Support research activities of department and entity.
- Maintain an environment conducive to patient care and patient/staff safety.
Required License: SLP