Inspiration, imagination, and innovation. Here at Aerie Pharmaceuticals, we share this passion for finding new approaches to protecting vision. United by great science, deep clinical insight, and a singular focus on your ophthalmic needs, we see the possibilities ahead and invite you to join us in creating the future of eye care.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals seeks qualified candidates for a full-time position in our Manufacturing department located in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Scientist works in a hands-on, dynamic laboratory environment engaged in the analysis and characterization of raw materials, formulation and process development support, and implant formulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As a member of the Analytical team, play an important role in supporting our research and development efforts across multiple programs in the life sciences.
This position offers challenge and growth opportunities for a highly motivated individual.
- Independently perform analytical testing of research, in-process, and finished product samples
- Self-motivated and directed management of sample throughput and quality with minimal supervision
- Apply scientific methods and observational and critical analysis skills to execute experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions from results
- May be responsible for independent internal/external communication
- Maintain high-throughput volume of routine testing
- All other duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Chemistry or closely-related discipline required. BS with 5-8 years directly related experience, or advanced degree (MS/Ph.D.) plus 2-5 years’ experience. An equivalent combination or relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
Education and Experience:
- Proficiency with HPLC and common chromatography data systems
- Strong method development skills utilizing HPLC in multiple separation modes (RP, HILIC)
- Proficiency with common chromatographic partitioning techniques (RP, SEC, IEX)
- Experience with operating in a GxP regulated environment
- Large molecule (polymers, proteins) characterization experience a plus
- Familiarity with common USP dissolution techniques and methodologies
- Familiarity with method, protocol and report writing
- Must be a creative, detail-oriented person with strong analytical and communication skills
Interpersonal and Team Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with diverse populations and management styles across multi-functional groups
- Ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary team environment is essential for success
- Strong team player working with both internal and external resources and stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic team player who enjoys both strategic and hands on work
- Adaptable to changing business and organizational demands and priorities
- Conduct multiple projects with efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment: Standard office building environment.
Aerie Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.