Come see why IQVIA has been named on Computerworld's lists of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT". A career at IQVIA puts you at the corporate center of the leading worldwide pharmaceutical services organization. If you want to work for a global, fast-paced organization dedicated to improving the development and marketing of medicines, IQVIA is the place for you. Apply now for our Lead Business Analyst position, a remote role based in the United States.
If you meet these requirements, please apply:
Business Analyst experience (4+ years)
- We need someone that will do more than simply gather requirements, we need someone that can drive the conversation and lead client requirement conversations by leveraging technical and functional experience
Familiarity with data management and/or data focused applications
- Preference given to experienced BA's that can assist with genera data driven tasks. IE: SQL Queries, data mapping, ETL's, backend tables, reporting, etc.
This Senior Business Analyst will provide expertise and systems support in developing and enhancing business systems to provide new or enhanced products to clients or effective planning, reporting, and analysis tools to internal functions. The products this role supports have both internal and external users and form a major technical foundational component in IQVIA's overall strategy to deliver insight to its customers, and your contributions will be directly visible to the senior management team.
- Under general direction, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and requirements.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Guides and advises less-experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong ability to communicate technical and data concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences
- Strong analytical, organizational, verbal communication and business writing skills
- Strong relationship building and facilitation skills to work directly with business users who are not technical in nature
- Critical thinking abilities to take complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and break them into smaller components, patterns, views and features
- Strong knowledge of technical and grammatical editing
- Expert knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and agile lifecycle methodologies and the role of Business Analysis with the SDLC
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology is highly desirable
- Pharma/CRO or healthcare experience within a regulated industry preferred
- Ability to conceptualize and think creatively
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree, and have a minimum of 5 years of business experience, working towards or holding applicable industry accreditation or certification; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all, including veterans and candidates with disabilities. https://jobs.iqvia.com/eoe
As the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, IQVIA's ability to operate and provide certain services to customers and partners necessitates IQVIA and its employees meet specific requirements regarding vaccination status. https://jobs.iqvia.com/covid-19-vaccine-status