If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this role, you will be the primary Sr. Business Analyst within the Stars Provider Technology & Reporting team responsible for supporting a provider report aimed at improving health outcomes for United's Medicare membership. You will serve as a liaison between the business stakeholders and technology development teams and be accountable for supporting daily operations, issues, and enhancements.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, development teams, and subject matter experts to understand business needs, define product requirements and specifications, and recommend solutions to complex business challenges
- Analyze and interpret complex data to identify trends, issues, and opportunities for the business and clients
- Drive best practices in business process improvement initiatives through the documentation of user stories, business requirements, project documents, and communication plans
- Act as a subject matter expert for our Medicare quality reporting
- Understand data flows and impacts to and from upstream suppliers and downstream consumers of our reporting data
- Develop training materials and reference documentation to align with current product functionality
- 3+ years of experience eliciting requirements from business stakeholders and subject matter experts
- 2+ years of experience performing data analysis to make recommendations and solve complex issues
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Experience in a large matrixed organization
- Knowledge of Medicare or Medicaid
- Knowledge of HEDIS and STARS
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Health Administration or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
- Experience writing SQL queries
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 company that offers a broad spectrum of products and services dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better for everyone. Be part of the team. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Business Analyst, STARs, Medicare & Retirement, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, HEDIS, Clinical Data platforms, Data Management, Business Intelligence Solutions, Minnetonka, MN