Sr Product Development Consultant
The Sr Product Development Consultant is an experienced MedTech developer who can lead the development of novel medical device and consumer health products across a wide range of technical domains and markets. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working directly with clients, organizing and leading teams. The Sr Product Development Consultant will work with clients to understand their business and product needs including product definition, development strategy, systems level design, system integration, and product verification/validation. The Sr. Product Development Consultant will work with project and cross-functional teams at Simbex to deliver innovative technical solutions that exceed client expectations. Simbex works across many different markets within the medical device, digital health, and consumer health markets. This is a great opportunity to be at the front edge of these markets by working with innovators commercializing the next frontier of transformative products.
- Work directly with clients and end-users to understand business and market needs, and to bring value to our client throughout our engagements
- Manage client relations including progress updates, management updates, and project finances
- Lead the design of innovative solutions that meet client needs with project and cross-functional teams. Helps develop a vision of what a product solution could be and helps communicate this vision to both client and internal product development teams
- Collaborate with senior engineering staff to help architect/design/develop scalable and innovative products
- Lead product development teams to efficiently and effectively execute product development plans
- Meaningfully contribute to product development in multiple disciplines (Electrical, Software, and Mechanical engineering)
- Actively participate in tasks that include product conceptualization, prototyping, test and evaluation, and design for manufacture
- Contribute to the assessment and development of novel technical solutions to support and inform future product development strategies or opportunities for improvement within Simbex
- Assist Business Development in client acquisition and early engagement support
- Lead and mentor project team members
- Be a key contributor in meeting Simbex goals and objectives with a commitment to our core values of passion, integrity, openness, innovation, agility, and social responsibility
- BS in Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, CS/Software Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent in a technical/scientific field); MS preferred.
- 10+ years of product development experience
- The ideal candidate is someone with demonstrable experience in commercializing electromechanical systems and isn t afraid to work side-by-side with the engineering teams. The candidate will have a broad technical background with deep experience in a 1-2 domains.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively to a wide audience, both verbally and in writing.
- Technical understanding and demonstrable level of competency in a wide variety of domains including data science, software, embedded hardware, mechanical engineering
- Understanding of industry best practices used for development and product life cycle management
- Understands the market dynamics that impact product design including clinical workflows, regulatory, and reimbursement/payment challenges
- Demonstrable ability to find creative and unique solutions
- Experience with medical device design and development processes that conform to standards including: ISO 9000, ISO 13485, IEC 62304, IEC 60601, and ISO 14971.
- Ability to review technical work product including schematics/board layouts, mechanical CAD drawings, software code, and data analysis software
- Demonstrable experience and familiarity with GMP and design control processes as defined by ISO and FDA guidelines
- Highly adaptable to changing business needs and product landscapes, maintaining a positive outlook and inspiring/motivating others
- Passionate about innovation and bringing game-changing new products to market, and be creative and driven to solve complex problems
Candidates should include a resume. Priority will be given to candidates who apply by December 26