Requisition ID: BIO005529
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
• Develops, coordinates, and provides biostatistical support for projects under supervision in Late Development Statistics.
• Interacts with Clinical, Regulatory, Statistical Programming, Data Management and other Merck Research Laboratories Scientists in designing and analyzing clinical trials, and in coordinating the statistical activities for clinical drug projects.
• Serves as statistical representative in the cross-functional teams for the clinical trial planning, execution, and reporting.
• Develops individual protocols and data analysis plans and determines appropriate statistical methodology for data analysis.
• Participates in database design meetings to ensure that the data evaluated are in high quality and satisfy analysis requirements.
• Collaborates with the statistical programming staff to ensure that all programs meet analysis requirements, internal standard operating procedures, and external regulatory requirements.
• Evaluates appropriateness of available software for planned analyses and ascertains needs for potential program development of novel statistical methodology.
• Analyzes data and interprets results from clinical trials to meet objectives of the study protocol. Independently applies and implements basic and complex techniques to these analyses.
• Prepares oral and written reports to effectively communicate results of clinical trials to the project team, management, regulatory agencies, or individual investigators.
• Provides responses to queries relating to study design, analysis, and interpretation posed by the clinical monitors, regulatory agencies, and/or investigators.
• Is responsible for planning and ensuring the accuracy of Statistical Review Aids submitted to regulatory agencies.
• Participates with management in discussions with corresponding scientific personnel at regulatory agencies and with investigators concerning proposed or ongoing studies.
• Is involved in research activities for innovative statistical methods and applications in clinical trial development
Education Minimum Requirement: PhD or equivalent degree in statistics/biostatistics or related discipline, or a Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
Required Experience and Skills**:
• Knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies and experimental design.
• Working knowledge of statistical and data processing software e.g. SAS and/or R.
• Good oral and written communication skills. Able to work effectively with personnel with different functional background.
• Demonstrate strong interest in statistical research activities and in application of novel methods to clinical trial development.
• Must also demonstrate the ability to learn, be proactive and motivated, and consistently focus on details and execution.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
• An understanding of biology of disease, clinical trials and drug development.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name: Merck