Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
The Senior Software Development Analyst is responsible for the development and support of custom applications and interfaces, data management and routine IT support of the Department's business applications. The Senior Software Development Analyst interfaces with internal system users and external clients to ensure technical integrations and workflows are designed, built, deployed and maintained according to specifications.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Prime responsibility in the development and on-going support of database objects and interfaces making certain that the Information Systems provide an acceptable level operation necessary to support the day-to-day operations of the Company.
- Develop new/enhance existing business applications including analysis, design, prototyping, coding, training and documentation
- Conduct design reviews with business unit leaders and system champions, providing guidance, technical solution development and feasibility analysis
- Participate in a continual cycle of internal process improvement to support the development of new or enhanced services or the use of new applications and technologies to further serve the organization's and client's needs.
- Develop or build reports based on user needs and specifications including custom data extracts and aggregate spend reporting
- Support Level-2 help desk support requests
- Work with IT and business test groups to support quality and acceptance testing
- Communicate and document status to project leadership
- Adherence to established software development life cycle methodology and internal controls governing Change Management
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience developing and supporting applications within a business environment, including ERP or add-on extensions to ERP systems
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server including T-SQL programming, stored procedures and architecting database objects
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) including the development of script tasks that utilize 3rd party APIs.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with reporting solutions
- Must have experience developing complex applications in a team environment
- Must have experience working in object-oriented programming using Visual Studio IDE
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, software development lifecycle, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to meet stated deadlines
- Experience with Clinical Trials industry is a plus
- Confident self-starter able to take a project through the development life cycle to completion
- Ability to translate requirement specifications and /or user requirements into a formal design document
- Ability to independently search out solutions to solve complex problems, identify issues and recommend solutions
- Possess strong analytical skills, as well as business acumen needed to effectively work with end users to transform requests into cost effective solutions.
- Strong knowledge of software design and implementation best practices
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software is necessary
- Detail oriented with ability to document action items and related follow-up.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Works equally well alone or as part of a group to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to organize and present information in clear and concise formats
- Experience developing in Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or higher
- Experience with Visual Studio version 17 or higher
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools version 15 or higher
- Proficient in integrating with SOAP-based Web Services and RESTful APIs.
- Familiar with integrating with Amazon AWS products using AWS APIs.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1070184