Vir Biotechnology is a clinical-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of five product candidates targeting SARS-CoV-2, hepatitis B virus, influenza A, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
Based in San Francisco Mission Bay and reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, VIR is seeking a Staff Accountant to support the daily operations of the accounting functions with a focus in general ledger and accounts payable responsibilities.
- Month end close process including preparing prepaid journal entries, legal and outside services accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Process Accounts Payable invoices. Ensure all invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts, programs, and cost centers
- Review and approve expense reports in Concur
- Reconcile company corporate credit cards
- Prepare deliverables with respect to quarter and year-end financial statements
- Assist with internal/external audits
- Support regular testing of controls as part of SOX 404 requirements
- Ad hoc requests and projects as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related professional field.
- 3+ years of Accounting experience, preferably in life science.
- Basic understanding of U.S. GAAP and accounting processes.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience with Concur, Coupa, and NetSuite preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks & work independently
Vir is a company with a compelling mission, "A World Without Infectious Disease". We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our business. This is reflected in our ongoing commitment to creating an environment focused on equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and inspired to contribute at their best, we will collectively deliver amazing results.
Vir is committed to attracting and employing a diverse workforce to strengthen our values and mission. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
The Human Resources team manages the recruitment and employment process for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that Recruiters not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.