At the Federal Bureau of Prisons Correctional Institution in Edgefield, SC the Staff Physician provides specialized medical services to outpatients and provides medical care to inpatients in institutions with an inpatient mission. Specific duties may involve all aspects of health care delivery, and will work in concert with both institution staff and consultant specialists in various clinical areas. Performs all duties in accordance with current accepted medical practices and procedures.
Preferred disciplines: General Practice or Internal Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic Association; or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was earned.
- And, the physician must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e. a 1 year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.
- And, the physician must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license to practice as a physician from a U.S. state, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Grade GS-13: 3 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled. Training obtained by residency, fellowship, or equivalent work experience. (in addition to the minimum 1 year requirement)
Grade GS-14: 4 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled. Training obtained by residency, fellowship, or equivalent work experience. (in addition to the minimum 1 year requirement)
Grade GS-15: 5 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled. Training obtained by residency, fellowship, or equivalent work experience. (in addition to the minimum 1 year requirement)
If the degree is from a Foreign Medical School, please ask for additional information.
- Federal Prison - medical clinic setting.
Additional Conditions of Employment:
- This is a Federal Law Enforcement position.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the U.S. or national.
- Be clear of any criminal convictions. (Felony record and/or misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence) 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(9) 1117
- Applicant must pass a drug screening, background investigation, and credit check.
- Applicant must be able to complete the Physical Abilities Test (PAT). The test includes 1/4 run, 75lbs dummy drag, short obstacle course, stair climb, and ladder climb.
- Law Enforcement Retirement
- Federal Government Insurance Plans: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Thrift Savings Plan w/ 5% matching contributions
- 40 hour work week
- Time off for CME's
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Assistance (based on available funding)
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Salary is determined through the combination of base salary, available pay incentives, and Physician Comparability Allowance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $127,604 to $213,000.00 /day