Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I
Requisition #: 71701
Ensures the integrity of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta's item file/product catalog and provides day-to-day applications and process support within Supply Chain’s technology portfolio. Supports technology-related projects and processes, analyzes data, prepares meaningful analytical reports, and serves as a subject matter expert in the area of supply chain technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
- No professional certifications required
- 2 years of progressive experience working with enterprise resource planning systems or data management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop queries, reports and/or analytic dashboards that meet customer needs
- Experience with reporting tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/Access, QlikView)
- 2 years of experience with Lawson
- Exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent research and analytical skills with experience in analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical problems
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write solid business requirements, user-friendly documentation/tip sheets and procedures guides, and professional reports and presentations
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills as demonstrated with both internal and external customers and partners
- Makes additions and/or changes to information in the Lawson Item Master file.
- Maintains and monitors data integrity with regard to nomenclature, manufacturer/vendor item setup, unit of issue cost, and charge code setup.
- Engages Supply Chain management and end users to maximize Item Master effectiveness, usability, and compliance with industry standards.
- Supports and manages information systems, including applications and software.
- Coordinates and supports the review, testing, and implementation of system upgrades and/or patches.
- Collaborates with functional and technical staff and serves as vendor liaison regarding system and/or application issues.
- Documents processes and outcomes.
- Provides education/training to system users.
- Provides requested financial data and analysis in a thorough and timely manner.
- Performs scheduled activities, reports, and audits.
- Identifies trends and recommends solutions and alternate processes to support Supply Chain’s and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta's financial and operational goals.
- Manages system spend reporting for supplies, services, and capital purchases.
- Collaborates with Supply Chain leadership to communicate and drive spend optimization and supply standardization opportunities.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Bending/Stooping - Not PresentClimbing - Not PresentLifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Not PresentSitting - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceHearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.WORKING CONDITIONS*No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Supply Chain - Supply chain