Surgeon - Plastic Surgery
Surgeon - Plastic Surgery - (10009008)
The Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking a board-certified/eligible
at the rank of
Clinical Assistant Professor
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope has been ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U. S. News & World Report for 14 consecutive years. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California.
Our team delivers scientific miracles that make lives whole again. Combining science with soul, we care for the whole person, not just the body. City of Hope is transforming the future of health.
Sunny Southern California
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegant neighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo and Santa Monica
- Home to UCI, UCLA, USC, UCSD, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theaters
The City of Hope Environment
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
- This is a full-time position in an established team of 5 Plastic Surgeons and advanced practice providers
- The practice specializes in care of complex reconstructive problems (breast, head & neck, chest wall, extremity, sarcoma, etc.). Predominance will be to provide reconstructive needs of breast cancer patients
- Microsurgery fellowship training is required. Experience in lymphatic surgery and microsurgical neurotization procedures is highly desirable
- The Division and Department of Surgery is committed to academic growth and productivity and there for faculty are allotted research/educational/administrative time
- The candidate will seek a clinical (volunteer) faculty appointment with the Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Southern California (USC) and serve as teaching faculty to residents and fellows from USC. Teaching responsibilities also include participation in the Breast Surgery Fellowship at City of Hope
- The position is supported by excellent salary, potential for incentive compensation, & benefits including a generous retirement package
Prior experience should include a commitment to provide state-of-the-art patient focused clinical care, specialized training & ability in microsurgical procedures, dedication to resident & fellow education (teaching awards, etc.), accomplishment in research, & a expertise pertinent to the field of reconstructive oncologic surgery.
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 370+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in highly desirable Southern California, within an established and highly respected Department of Surgery. Lifestyle opportunities for individuals as well as families are unparalleled. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.
Primary Location: United States-California-TorranceJob: PhysicianJob Posting: Mar 12, 2021