$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
Surgical Technologist assist the surgical team under the supervision of a Registered Nurse through the use of equipment and instrumentation to ensure a safe environment within the operating room.
Why become a Surgical Technologist at Baylor Scott and White Health?
- Empowerment – Be empowered to imagine a better way of doing things by working together to be more innovative and create a healthier future for our patients.
- Be Appreciated – Your voice and expertise are important and valuable to us.
- Training – You will be provided ongoing training throughout your career with us.
- Opportunity – Being a Surgical Technologist at BSWH gives you the opportunity to use state of the art equipment as well as work with some of the most respected surgeons in the country.
What can you expect to do as a Surg Tech?
- Set up operating rooms according to the surgical procedure schedule.
- Ensure proper function of surgical instruments and equipment during surgical procedures.
- Proper cleaning, decontaminating and sterilization of surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- Assist surgical team with draping and positioning of patients, as well as preparing patients for surgery.
- Follow policies and procedures of AORN recommended practices, OSHA Guidelines and other Baylor Scott and White policies and procedures.
What will make you successful as a Surg Tech at Baylor Scott and White Health?
- Knowledge – In-depth understanding of sterilization standards and procedures.
- Communication – Clear communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Positive attitude – Surgery can be a stressful environment and a positive attitude can greatly impact those around you.
- Teamwork – Working with other healthcare professionals, such as surgeons and nurses, for better surgery outcomes.
- Organization – Being organized will help you be successful in a fast-paced environment.
Baylor Scott and White Health’s Core Values
- We serve faithfully by doing what’s right with a joyful heart.
- We never settle by constantly striving for better.
- We are in it together by supporting one another and those we serve.
- We make an impact by courageously taking initiative and delivering exceptional experiences.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning day 1.
**Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
- Cert Surgical Technologist (CST): CST from NBSTSA or NCCT (EDU must be CAAHEP accredited)
- If not certified: Surgical tech experience in a healthcare facility before 9/1/2009 OR surgical tech program in the Army/Navy/Air Force/Marine Corps/Coast Guard/US Public Health Service Commissioner.