Drexel Hill,PANursing ServicesFR =Full-time Regular,1 =Day Shift,6:45am - 9:00pmReq #35761
- To function as an integral member of the surgical team by providing patient care as the scrubbed team member, under the direction of a licensed professional nurse.
- Prepares surgical set-up for procedures, conferring with the circulating Registered Nurse to plan for the shift s caseload in an assigned room.
- Prepares operative site, draping patient.
- Handles instruments, sponges, needles, and other implements of surgery during the operative procedure in accordance with procedures and protocols.
- Maintains aseptic technique throughout the surgical procedure, until the patient leaves the operating room.
- Anticipates needs of the surgeon and alerts circulating Registered Nurse of same.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with circulating duties when scrub duties are not needed.
- Breaks down set-up in room and participates in terminal cleaning of room.
- Prepares and transports instrument table to workroom.
- Cares for instruments in accordance with policy, procedure, and manufacturer s recommendations.
- Observes for and alerts appropriate personnel of need for instrument maintenance.
- Maintains, in cooperation with other team members, adequate quantities of sterile equipment available for use.
- Notifies Nurse Manager of the need to reorder special supplies.
- Works cooperatively with other members of the surgical team.
- Documents pertinent observations and nursing procedures performed on the appropriate chart forms, in accordance with protocols and procedures.
- Reports patient problems, patient incidents, or changes in patient status to a Registered Nurse or supervisor.
Education and Training
Successful completion of an Operating Room/Surgical Technician Course Certification (CST) preferred