Systems Analyst - Medical Management
Systems Analyst - Medical Management
Job Number: 280298Schedule: Full-timeShift: DayJob Category: Clinical InformaticsLocation: Oregon-BeavertonProvidence Health Plan is calling a Systems Analyst - Medical Management to our location in Beaverton, OR.
We are seeking a Systems Analyst - Medical Management who will be responsible for the oversight of the clinical information systems (currently CareAdvance Enterprise (CAE)) used within the Care Management and Medical Management departments. Works closely with the Information Services (IS) department to assess & optimize system functionality and through root cause analysis identifies long-term fixes for data, file extract, workflow, display and data migration issues. Essential to this position is maintaining a working knowledge of other interfaced claims, data and information systems used in the Health Plan (e. g. Facets, Medication Management System, etc.).
This position requires the ability to collaborate and communicate the business needs of the department at both clinical and technical levels to our business partners (e.g. Trizetto/Cognizant), both internal and external clinical staff (e.g. Nurses, Physicians, Pharmacists), the Clinical Analytics team, Information Services (IS) staff (e.g. Business Analysts, Developers, Software Engineers, Database Adminstrators) and other departments within the Health Plan. This position will be the point of contact for PHP business Partners both internal and external as they relate to the claims and documentation systems used within the respective departments. Will lead and be the technical content expert for upgrades, system implementations and optimization work within QMM.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages systems configuration, workflow optimization, streamlined care processes, and promoting best practice use of the clinical information systems and other interfaced/ancillary systems.
- Serves as a department liaison with IS business partners to ensure business requirements are clearly communicated and executed in a timely fashion.
- Analyzes current system processes to document current workflows, perform gap analysis, and develop future state standardized workflows.
- Assists with Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing in new system releases. Provides usability and workflow input to PHP IS and vendors.
- Collaborates with QMM Leadership, Informatics, and Facility IT Lead to optimize clinical systems and processes and promote efficient, cost-effective, and meaningful use of electronic health systems.
- Reviews reports, critically assesses data in relation to processes to improve managed care outcomes and IT system changes.
- Leads and manages project timelines to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Provides application support for initial releases and assists in transition of support to operations.
- Works closely with the business users to ensure their systems are effectively meeting their needs.
- Makes system-based recommendations regarding upgrades and enhancements.
- Facilitating resolution of problems that require multi-disciplinary technical skills.
- Coordinating the preparation and executing test plans to validate that system fixes are complete and accurate and that system enhancements function as designed.
- Acts as point of contact and facilitates communication with external business partners and internal staff to provide assistance.
- Serves as a liaison with our provider network, providing presentations and training to providers and clinic staff on the use of provider facing tools (e.g. CareAdvance Provider (CAP).
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Administration, IT (with emphasis on Health Information Systems) or 4 years related experience.
- 2 years healthcare experience.
- Experience with project management methodologies including resource planning, scheduling, development of necessary documentation including definition of support requirements and migration plan and testing.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with Clinical and Care Management systems such as CareAdvance Enterprise Application, Trizetto (Facets(r)).
- Project management, Six Sigma, Lean, Change Acceleration Process (CAP) experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit Our Mission As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.About Us Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.