Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Bio is seeking an experienced Talent Acquisition Advisor, Manager to join the Talent Acquisition team.
This individual will report to the Associate Director, Talent Acquisition and will help support full cycle recruitment efforts for our full-time roles as well as contract positions. Having the ability to adapt, to think on your toes, and be a strong self-starter with a positive attitude is a must.
Our ideal candidate will have full-cycle recruiting experience in a fast-paced life science/biotech environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Responsible for full cycle recruiting, including but not limited to requisition management, screening, sourcing, networking, cold calling, conducing debriefs, offer negotiations and closing
- Partner with hiring managers to thoroughly understand requirements for roles across the team
- Strategically plan, prospect, qualify, and own a pipeline of exceptional candidates for each role
- Influence hiring managers on how to leverage recruiting best practices to help optimize hiring for their teams
- Experience supporting Tech Ops, Research and Clinical Development a plus
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience OR MA/MS/MBA with a minimum of six(6) years of experience preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of fast-paced recruiting experience, startup and biotech environment experience
- A track record for successfully identifying, qualifying, and closing exceptional technical talent at all levels
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.