Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
As a member of the Financial Planning, and Analysis team, primary responsibilities will be to provide FP&A support for R&D including supporting quarterly/annual operating plan, managing close and forecast process and providing analytical support to R&D team. The individual will also be responsible for serving as the main FP&A Lead on a key strategic team comprised of Senior Leadership.
This role will build and maintain strong relationships between finance and business partners.
- Coordinate the planning and forecasting processes for R&D to deliver on corporate objectives
- Serve as a FP&A Lead for a key strategic team
- Maintain, improve and develop detailed financial models that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Partner with R&D department budget owners to provide operational analysis, reporting and improve forecasting accuracy.
- Build and cultivate strong working relationships with senior finance executives
- Drive reporting and forecast improvements through systems enhancements and process improvement
- Work closely with Accounting on the month end and quarter end close process, including accruals, reconciliations, etc.
- Assist in the development of dashboards and reports for trending and analysis of specific business objectives and processes
- Complete ad hoc analysis and decision support focused on requirements of R&D organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Admin. or Science w/ MBA. (MBA or CPA a plus)
- A minimum of five years post qualification experience with strong financial planning and analysis, including experience working in the pharmaceuticals industry and in-depth knowledge of the accounting practices required. R&D pharmaceutical experience a plus.
- Bring a strong executive presence and business insight. Ability to work directly with sr. business leaders
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Strong planning and analytical skills, including superior financial modeling, Excel, and financial database systems skills/knowledge (SAP BPC, Host Analytics, Hyperion Planning, or similar).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.