United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Tax Analyst is responsible for moderately complex tax projects associated with the federal, state, and foreign tax functions for the corporation in all areas related to taxes, including process control and compliance. This role is also responsible for US federal and state income tax compliance and provision processes and preparing or reviewing externally prepared indirect tax returns.
- Responsible for US federal and state income tax compliance processes by gathering and analyzing information, preparing book/tax adjustments, and preparing state apportionment schedules and other supporting workpapers
- Prepare supporting schedules that are part of the US GAAP global tax provision for income tax under ASC 740 for domestic and foreign subsidiaries
- Maintain CCH tax fixed asset software, including entering asset additions and disposals, running tax depreciation calculations, and preparing fixed asset roll forwards and reconciliations
- Prepare or review externally prepared indirect tax returns, including property, sales and use, goods & services, and value-added taxes, as well as corporate annual informational filings, ensuring that all payments are timely processed and all returns are timely filed
- Provide support for audits, including interacting with taxing authorities, gathering information, and preparing responses to information document requests and notices
- Calculate and file extension requests and quarterly estimated tax payments for federal, state, and foreign jurisdictions, ensuring that all payments are timely processed and all forms are timely filed
- Responsible for participating in tax related special projects, including research and modeling
- Maintain worldwide tax calendar to monitor due dates to ensure all compliance obligations are timely met
- Identify and implement improvements within the federal, state, and international tax accounting and compliance environments to streamline processes
- All other duties as required
The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for complex tax projects associated with the federal, state, and foreign tax function for the corporation in all areas related to taxes, including process control and compliance.
- Support the computation of the global provision for income taxes pursuant to ASC 740 for domestic and foreign subsidiaries
- Support the US federal and state income tax compliance process; ensuring all federal, state, and local income tax returns are accurate and timely filed by gathering information and preparing book/tax adjustments and supporting work papers
- Prepare provision to return, proof of deferred taxes, reconciliations, and related tax accounting adjustments
- Responsible for maintaining the CCH tax fixed asset system (taxation software); enter assets, run tax depreciation calculations, and prepare fixed asset roll-forwards/reconciliations
- Liaise with Corporate Accounting to ensure proper procedures are in place to manage fixed assets
- Prepare and/or review federal, state, and foreign indirect tax returns, including property, sales & use, goods & services, and value-added taxes, prepared internally or by external tax providers
- Coordinate sales tax exemption certificates and research tax treatment of various sales tax questions that arise
- Manage worldwide income tax calendar to monitor due dates to ensure all compliance obligations are met in a timely fashion
- Support all aspects of the preparation, calculation, and filing of quarterly estimated tax payments for federal, state, and foreign jurisdictions
- Respond to notices from taxing authorities
- Provide senior level support for tax-related special projects including planning, research, modeling of tax implications, etc.
- All other duties as required
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in accounting
- 1+ year of related tax experience
- For the Senior Tax Analyst : 3+ years of related tax experience required, including tax provision and tax compliance
- Experience in either a large, multi-national corporation subject to SEC reporting requirements or with a Big 4 or regional accounting firm
- Detail oriented and creative; possesses strong problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface with internal and external personnel
- Accurate and thorough; monitor own work to ensure quality
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to both work independently and as a team player
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically adept in Excel
- For the Senior Tax Analyst: Written and oral communication skills to interface with internal and external personnel worldwide
- Master’s degree (MA/MS/MBA) in taxation, accounting or finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Tax provision and corporate tax compliance experience
- SAP experience
- For the Senior Tax Analyst : 2+ years of experience in a 'Big 4' or regional accounting firm
- For the Senior Tax Analyst : 1+ years of experience in a large, multi-national corporation subject to SEC reporting requirements
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities