Teacher of the Visually Impaired TVI
How wonderful would it be to wake up in paradise and sunny beaches every day? Now you can, when you take an assignment with MileStone Staffing. We are currently seeking a Teacher of the Visually Impaired TVI to work for us in the U.S. Virgin Islands. We have opportunities with the Department of Education in St. Thomas/St. John District for the 2021-22 school year to provide therapy-related services to special education students ages 3 – 21.
Below is additional information about this opportunity:
Assignment Dates: On or about August 5th, 2021 through on or about May 27th, 2022 (possible summer extension).
Eight (8) hour workdays – in schools from 8 AM to 3 PM AST, in office 3 PM to 5 PM AST for documentation and additional students’ services. Workweeks are based on the school calendar.
Relocation: round trip airfare to and from the assignment (2 one-way tickets from approved U.S. locations)
Sign-On Bonus: $2,500.00 payable in 3 increments (starting month of assignment, January and May – prorated based on the month you start)
Housing: employee responsibility
Vehicle: employee responsibility
Tax Advantage Program: available to those eligible
• You must expect to return to live at the permanent tax residence identified above, and
• You must pay toward the maintenance of this permanent tax residence while you are on assignment
• If conditions are not met, you do not have a permanent tax residence as defined by the IRS
- Completion of a degree with a major or emphasis in teaching students with visual impairments from a university program;
- Qualification for state licensure or certification as a teacher of students with visual impairments in accordance with state requirements that reflect Expanded Core Curriculum areas including Braille and the CEC standards for teachers of visually impaired students.
- Current CPR certification - minimum Adult/Child.
Please Note: We are also recruiting for additional disciplines in the U.S. Virgin Islands. If you know any of the following disciplines who might be interested, let us know:
- Speech Language Pathologist - SLP
- Occupational Therapist - OT
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst - BCBA
- School Psychologist
- Sign Language Interpreter
- Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Below are some of the great benefits that we offer for all of our employees:
- Travel Relocation
- License Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits Plan
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Term Life and AD&D
- Sign-On Bonus
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Continuing Education
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace:
MileStone Staffing is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Background checks, references, and drug screenings are required for employment.