For those who want to invent the future of health care, here is your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care coordination to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Strong computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be strongly member-focused and adaptable to change. This position will managing our high risk obstetrical population.
If you are located within Louisiana, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Working with the complex maternity care needs
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self-management
- Interacting with Medical Directors, providers, internal and external partners on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for high risk maternity members
- Making referrals and connecting members to community resources
- Coordinating services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Louisiana
- 3+ years' experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience as an RN and / or experience as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- 3+ years of OB clinical nursing experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, Internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- A background in managed care
- Medicaid experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience working with chronic illness and complex care needs population
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review and / or risk management
- Bilingual Spanish speaking
- Psychiatric or Behavioral Health experience
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Ability to communicate complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work. SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: OB, Obstetrical, Pregnancy, RN, Louisiana, Case manager, Case management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, telecommuter, Louisiana, Lafayette, New Orleans, Baton Rouge