At Intercept, our mission is to build a healthier tomorrow for patients with progressive non-viral liver diseases. Intercept's lead product, obeticholic acid (OCA), is a first-in-class farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist marketed under the brand name 'Ocaliva®' in the U.S., EU and Canada for the treatment of patients with primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), a rare autoimmune liver disease. Ocaliva® was the first medication to be approved for PBC in over twenty years, and sales continue to grow more than four years after its initial approval in 2016.
Intercept has also established the leading clinical development program in advanced fibrosis due to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), a disease that impacts the lives of millions of people in the U.S. alone. Currently, there are no available treatments for NASH, and the REGENERATE study of OCA remains the only Phase 3 trial to have generated positive results in the disease. A second Phase 3 trial, REVERSE, is evaluating OCA in patients with compensated cirrhosis due to NASH, with results expected in 2022.
People at Intercept are passionate about patients. You'll see their photos lining our walls and hear their stories in town halls. We're equally passionate about our team and ensuring each member reaches their potential. We brave new challenges together. That's how we find better ways to get things done and break down barriers. It's also how we make it fun to work here.
At Intercept, we foster an environment that celebrates creativity, collaboration, and mutual respect. We never hesitate to lean on our teammates and work together. Our relatively small size means you partner with accessible leaders who know you by name. This brings accountability and growth, which all add up to more opportunities to learn something new every day. A strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is engrained in both our culture and our business. For self-motivated leaders who are ready to make a difference in the lives of patients, Intercept is a great place to be.
The Territory Business Manager (TBM) is responsible for meeting/exceeding all sales expectations in their assigned geography in a compliant and ethical manner. The TBM will play a key role in developing and executing territory strategies, identifying customer needs and driving pull through.
The TBM must demonstrate excellent product and disease state knowledge that allows them to effectively engage with physicians and staff. We are looking for individuals who have a drive and passion for patient centricity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the willingness to work in a highly collaborative, winning culture. They must also be able to work collaboratively with Intercept commercial team members and territory partners. The TBM reports into the Regional Business Director.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following satisfactorily:
* Meet/exceed all territory sales goals in a compliant and ethical manner
* Build relationships with key customers and deliver appropriate product and patient access information in a compliant manner
* Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Intercept's products, patient access program, and distribution models, patient and HCP issues, business strategy and competitive environment, and stay abreast of key market access issues/trends
* Be able to problem solve, set and own a plan, and adapt the plan as needed in order to drive initiatives to completion in order to meet territory goals
* Operate the territory within the assigned budget; effectively use budget to deliver meaningful, compliant disease state and product education to customers
* Communicate frequently with other TBMs and field operatives, cross-functional counterparts such as Marketing, Sales Operations, Market Access, and Training to create alignment of POA plan, focus on strategic drivers, and share best practices
* Have a mindset of continuous learning and development and seek career growth opportunity where appropriate
* Meets all administrative responsibilities within timelines and company guidelines; this includes all call objectives, expense and budget reporting
* Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
* Drive the spirit of 'ONE Team' across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on our patients and customers as our top priorities
* Make Intercept a truly desired place to work
Experience and Skills
* Bachelor's Degree required
* 3-5 years of proven success in a sales role required; previous experience calling on hepatologists and gastroenterologists a plus
* Specialty product sales experience required
* Knowledge of local healthcare market a plus
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Must be able to engage customers in a persuasive and compliant manner
* Must be self-motivated with strong desire to achieve success
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Ability to develop and sustain customer relationships
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team to execute against business goals
* Ability to analyze data, recognize patterns, and use a data-driven approach to inform strategic decisions
* An understanding of market access payer and specialty pharmacy landscapes
* Strong business acumen, problem solving, and business planning skills to overcome obstacles
* Extensive knowledge of compliance requirements for interacting with healthcare providers
* Advanced level of proficiency with CRM, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
* High achievement, drive, self-motivation, integrity, and willingness to mentor others
* Learning agility and 'scalability' to take on increasing responsibility as Intercept grows
* Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Come Together, Be Yourself, Own the Solution, Embrace the Challenge, and Keep Exploring
* Understanding the legal and compliance environment
* Ability to have fun and thrive in a growing, diverse, and inclusive work environment