At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you'll learn & achieve:
Responsible for the setup and performance of complex equipment and test setups for Consumer clients. Provides feedback to management and Engineering staff regarding laboratory procedures and testing issues. May initiate recommendations for new equipment designs and recommends solutions to observed testing client issues. Trains other staff in specific test methods.
- Responsible for the setup and performance of complex equipment and test setups for Consumer clients. Builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment for performance of tests.
- Directs, builds and adapts setup of test equipment to new situations, based on data and instructions from engineering staff. Reads and interprets results of tests and prepares reports.
- Initiates recommendations for new equipment designs and recommends solutions to observed test problems.
- Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and engineering management. May communicate with clients during test setups to discuss test methods and/or test results.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
- Some University education in a related discipline, Associates degree preferred
- Scientific acumen strongly preferred
- Four years of related experience required.
- Advance knowledge and experience with laboratory test concepts and reporting.
What you'll experience working at UL:
For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We're able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create. We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve:
We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit.
UL is committed to hiring and retaining a qualified diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.