Therapist, LICSW (Hybrid)
Therapist, LICSW (Hybrid)
The Boston CCBHC Therapist LICSW will provide clinical assessments, case assignments, and outpatient psychotherapy to adults needing services. This position will be an integral member of the clinical team and will collaborate effectively with providers and the support team to ensure clients receive a smooth transition from admission to ongoing treatment. The Therapist LICSW will adhere to the CCBHC model, addressing complex mental health, substance use, and physical health needs of individuals who may not otherwise receive comprehensive and integrated service due to disparities in the healthcare system and limited availability of services. This position contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by participating in a recovery-oriented program to provide access to services that address the needs of community members most impacted by deleterious social determinants of health.
This is an exempt position.
Intake Therapist and Intern(s)
Essential Functions of the Position:
● Compile all necessary information to conduct biopsychosocial assessments at the initial appointment and assess for diagnoses
● Triage completed intakes to ongoing case assignments, both therapy and psychiatry.
● Provide individual psychotherapy to a panel of clients receiving ongoing care
● Provide supervision to a small group of clinical interns and therapist on track for independent licensure
● Maintain up-to-date client records, including written evaluations, treatment plans, semi-annual reviews, discharge summaries, and progress notes using electronic medical record
● Respond to and provide crisis intervention and clinical risk assessment, and assess the need for higher levels of care, including; partial hospital, crisis stabilization units, and inpatient hospitalization
● Provide consultation and follow-up communication with governmental and legal agencies, courts, community agencies, schools, medical facilities, inpatient units, and other sources in the overall care of the client
● Serve as a utilization review committee member composed of the clinical director and psychiatric staff member.
● Participate in Quality Improvement activities and contribute to the success of the outpatient programs
● Ensure patients receive compassionate and trauma-informed clinical treatment with the scope of practice regulations governing certified community behavioral health clinics
● Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Requirements for the Position:
● Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or a related field is required.
● Currently licensed in the State of Massachusetts as a LICSW is required
● Must have a minimum of two years experience in mental health, preferably in crisis management or outpatient services
● Experience in working with the target population of the Boston CCBHC, low income, uninsured and underinsured adults with serious mental health challenges and/or substance use disorders
● Prior experience completing thorough diagnostic evaluations and assessments and formulating comprehensive treatment recommendations for a broad range of populations
● Solid understanding of clinical and recovery principles
● Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and record-keeping skills
● High energy level, superior time management skills, and ability to function in a team atmosphere
● Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps
● Bilingual or multilingual skills appropriate to the population served (mainly Spanish or Portuguese) are a plus; candidates with fluency in specific essential languages are offered a pay differential.
● Schedule Monday-Friday, option for the hybrid model, and work hours are flexible; 25 direct client contact hours/wk are required.
● Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
● A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame
● Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency
● Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals
● Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy
● Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals
● Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners