Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking an experienced and motivated Specialist to join our Toxicology team. Reporting to the Head of Toxicology, this role will serve as a Study Monitor for outsourced studies. The individual will be an integral part of a highly collaborative group, working closely with discovery and development teams such as DMPK, Bioanalysis, Pharmacology and Medicinal Chemistry. They will manage nonclinical studies outsourced to CRO's as well as participate in departmental initiatives aimed at supporting the rapid growth of Vir.
Responsibilities And Learning Opportunities
- Independently monitor outsourced studies, including CRO contract set-up, contributing to study design, and day-to-day interaction with lab.
- Participate in site visits to evaluate adherence to GLP's and study protocols. Travel is required.
- Analyze, summarize, interpret, and present study results internally.
- Ensure adherence to the highest quality standards and quick turnaround times.
- Critically evaluate data interpretations and identify inconsistencies between data tables and summarized results in report text.
- Partner with Discovery to support target safety assessments, screening toxicology studies.
- Be a key contributor to establishing processes, managing nonclinical operations, and defining cross-functional responsibilities to support a growing company.
Qualifications And Experience
- PhD in a relevant field, MS with a minimum of 4+ years of industry R&D experience, or BS with a minimum of 6+ years preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with toxicology study designs and hands-on experience in monitoring and/or conduct of studies.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLPs.
- Familiarity with differing regulatory requirements for different modalities (small molecules, biologics, etc) desirable but not required.
- Position can be remote, however periodic travel (10-20%) will be required.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.