Baylor Scott & White
Baylor Scott & White Health, Central Texas Division, seeks an additional fellowship trained Transplant Nephrologist, MD or DO, Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Internal Medicine and by the American Board of Nephrology to join its growing practice. The ideal candidate should have expertise in all areas of Renal Transplantation.
- The role includes evaluation of potential transplant recipients, management of inpatient transplant recipients and follow up care of transplant recipients.
- Partner with cardiac service line to co-manage complex advance heart failure and combined heart – kidney transplant candidates.
- The position requires active participation in growth of the program (currently on pace for approximately175 kidneys per year) with coverage at outreach clinics and selection/listing including wait list maintenance of pre-transplant candidates.
- Candidates must be able to work with multidisciplinary teams and provide comprehensive nephrology care.
- Candidates must be familiar with all hemodialysis therapies and certified in hemodialysis modalities. (CRRT, Aquadex, PD, HD, etc.).
- BSWH CTX Nephrology Division currently has 2 transplant nephrologists and 2 advance practice providers.
- Candidates will rotate call providing 24/7 call for all inpatient care as well as outpatient emergencies.
- Inpatient volume varies between 4-10 admissions, clinic volume ranges from 6-14 patients per day with plans to increase as support staff allows.
- Academic appointment predicated on qualification.
- Fellows rotate within Transplant 5 months of the academic year.
About Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple is a 636-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital located in Temple, Texas. In 2018, the hospital was ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and one of the top 15 teaching hospitals in the United States by Thomson Reuters. The hospital has 31 accredited residency and fellowship programs.
About the Community
Regarded as one of the best areas to live and work in Texas, Temple is ranked the 6th most affordable place to live in the U.S. in 2019. Temple enjoys a robust economy and a cost of living that’s lower than the national average. Served by four independent school districts and nationally recognized Temple College, the community places a high priority on education. Dubbed the “Wildflower Capital of Texas,” Temple lies along the famous Texas Wildflower Trail and is the demographic center of the state, with convenient access to major cities including Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
About Baylor Scott & White Health
As the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas, Baylor Scott & White Health provides full-range, inpatient, outpatient, rehabilitation and emergency medical services through 49 hospitals and more than 800 patient access points.
Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and time off
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar employer match
- 457(f) savings plan with employer contribution
- CME reimbursement and paid time off
- Excellent Relocation Assistance packages
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- Medical licensed physician, MD or DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible Internal Medicine and Nephrology
- Fellowship trained Nephrology / Transplant Nephrology
- Texas licensed by start date
For additional information, please send your CV and direct your inquiry to:
Melisa Harrison, Sr. Physician Recruiter - Melisa.Harrison@BSWHealth.org