Produces Computed tomography radiographs of specific areas as required. Performs obstetric and gynecological scans, ultrasound techniques and examinations, abdominal scans, retroperitoneal scans, and radiation therapy localization. Obtains patient history, explains standard procedures, and addresses patient concerns. Also perform a variety of specialized tasks involved in the performance of CT scans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of CT scanners and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Positions patients for CT scans using immobilization and protective equipment as necessary.
- Appropriately sets the controls of the relate equipment; monitors equipment and patient; makes adjustments as necessary
- Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV's, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
- May dispense oral contrast to patients for CT scans.
- Assist radiologist with interventional CT procedures.
- Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label.
- May be responsible for scheduling patients for procedures and assisting with some clerical functions.
- Charges procedures and supplies used to the patient record
- Load and operate power injections for contrast media administration.
- Maintain accurate patient records for all procedures performed; maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA standards.
- Adheres to all Concentric and worksite rules, policies and procedures
- May perform other duties as required or deemed necessary by Concentric and/or the client/supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a 24-month AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology program preferred.
- One (1) year of experience as a CAT Tech preferred.
- A.R.R.T. (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) Certification, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
- Current Certification with the State of Arizona (MRTBE)
- Must be accurate, attentive to detail and able to follow directions.
- Thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work calmly and accurately.
- Must meet Concentric's pre-employment screening requirements.
- Current physical exam, if required by state regulations or contract specifications.
- Current TB test or chest x-ray.
- Current BLS as required by state regulation or contract specific requirements.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements:
- Clinic or other related health care setting