Urgent Care Technician - Estacada Clinic, Per-Diem
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Urgent Care Technician (Outpatient) who:
Performs tasks (within their scope of practice/licensing requirements) required to ensure efficient and effective delivery of patient care in the Urgent Care clinic environment. Functions directly under the supervision and guidance of the Clinic Nurse Manager. Identifies urgent situations and facilitates appropriate intervention. Assists physician during procedures when needed.
- Provides basic care under the direction and guidance of their provider. Assists physician during procedures when needed; i.e.
- : Pap test, lesion removal, colposcopy, dressing change, etc.
- Rooms patients and obtains vital signs including but not limited to height, weight, blood pressure, and pulse. Documents vital signs in the EPIC Electronic Medical Record System.
- Performs wound care, splinting, IV skills (IV starts/infusions and IV medication administration), and assists during medical emergencies.
- Coordinates and documents referrals to other physicians, or clinics and tracks that follow up correspondence has been received. Obtains insurance prior authorizations when needed for radiology procedures such as CT's, MRI's, stress tests, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI): Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) state or national certification OR Paramedic state or national certification: Required