MedVetis a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation, cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for collaborative and driven people to join our clinical team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion to drive theMedVetexperience for our clients and patients, as well as your teammates.
We arelooking for:
Never a dull moment in the Nursing department! Our patients need constant supervision to ensure treatment plans are being executed. This department is perfect forsomeone who can identifypatientdistress and react accordingly, enjoysphlebotomy, placing IV catheters, assisting with recovery and client follow up and education.
What you ll do:
- Record and deliver organized rounds,discuss casesandgather additionalinformation as necessary
- Partner withpatient care team regarding treatment plans, client communication and nursing care concerns
- Provide client education including, but not limitedto:home care instructions, medications (indications, adverse reactions) and general wellness updates on hospitalized patients
- Assist DVM with patient assessment, treatment and procedures
- Provide monitoring and nursing care to hospitalized patients
- Perform in-house laboratory testingandprepare samples for outside laboratory testing
Who you are:
- Prior veterinary experience required, previousnursing or critical careexperience desired
- Proficientincalculations(drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Independent Care Spending
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Shift Differentials and On-call Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Elective Short-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance and company paid Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education Opportunities and Assistance Program
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities
Come as you are.MedVetis an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment withMedVetis dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
MedVetdoes not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.
Tags:RVT, Registered Veterinary Technician, Registered Vet Tech, Registered Vet Technician, Registered Veterinary Tech, CVT, Certified Veterinary Technician, Certified Vet Tech, LVT, Licensed Veterinary Technician, Licensed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Technician, Credentialed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Tech, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Tech, Vet Tech, Vet Technician, Veterinary Assistant, Vet Assistant, Technician Assistant, Tech Assistant, Kennel Assistant, Kennel Technician, Kennel Tech, Animal Assistant, Veterinary Nurse, Vet Nurse