Veterinary Medical Director | Aurora, CO | Sign-on Bonus!
Position at Mile High Animal Hospital of Aurora
Mile High Animal Hospital of Aurora is hiring a Veterinary Medical Director!
Mile High Animal Hospital of Aurora is located in sunny Aurora, Colorado. We have a well-equipped facility with a devoted and highly skilled staff. We have a passion for supporting an emotionally intelligent atmosphere with a culture that understands the importance of a great work/life balance!
- AAHA accredited, Fear Free Facility.
- Busy four doctor practice.
- Great technician and doctor relationship with all technicians being CVTs.
- Offer many services including preventative care, surgery, dentistry, acupuncture, counterconditioning/happy visits for high FAS patients, laser therapy, and many more.
The Medical Director is a key leader in the hospital who partners with the practice manager and hospital leadership team to effect positive change, growth and development of the hospital. They are influential in the vision and direction of the hospital, and are actively involved in fostering a positive culture, while ensuring high standards of patient and client care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote the highest standards of medical care, and foster a collaborative, professional environment within the hospital
- Work with the Practice Manager and Regional Support team to support the operational needs and financial goals of the hospital
- Attend and participate in the hospital leadership planning meetings with completion of goals within assigned time frames
- Attends current required Thrive Leadership and EQ courses within the first year of being Medical Director
- Organize and attend monthly Doctor meetings. Oversee Doctor scheduling
- Performance management of doctors, maintaining a regular cadence of one-on-one meetings to provide support, feedback and coaching. Targeted coaching and mentorship of new graduates.
- Lead doctor recruiting efforts and ensure onboarding and integration of new doctors into the hospital
- Policy and protocol development with focus on maintaining high standards of care in the hospital and optimizing workflow
- Ensure compliance with the Thrive Controlled Drug Policy, state and federal controlled drug requirements.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and recommendations with support of the hospital safety committee
- Monitor and oversee Doctor KPI's and financial data to achieve budget performance and goals in collaboration with the practice manager
- Work to develop client relationships with the practice including handling complaint review and mitigation
- Maintain excellent relationships with referring veterinarians with outreach and communication
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent from accredited university with license to practice in the state of hospital location
- Specialty Board Certification may be required if supervising at a Thrive Specialty Hospital
- Maintain DEA registration as required by the Controlled Substances Act
- Should have minimum of 3 years of practice experience
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills. Must possess sound medical reasoning skills and strong medical ethics.
Industry Leading Benefits!
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) match
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Employer-sponsored health savings account (HSA) match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- Supplemental life and disability insurance
- Legal & identity theft plans
- Paid personal time off
- Paid parental leave
- Paid CE time off
- Generous CE discretionary fund
- Subsidized back up care & family care benefits
- Veterinary-specific employee assistance program
- Fertility/Adoption/Surrogacy support and discounts
- A very generous veterinary service discount for your pets
- Generous hiring bonus or participation in Thrive's industry leading Veterinary Incentive Plan allowing you to earn up to $225K! More on the VIP program here - VIP Program: Veterinary Incentive Plan
- Relocation package if necessary
If Mile High Animal Hospital of Aurora has been what you are looking for, we would love to discuss the opportunity for you to join our team! Email MacKenzie McDonald at [email protected]!
At Thrive, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
You take great care of pets and our clients... We take great care of you.