Veterinary Technician- Cardiology Technician
We are a privately owned 24-hour Emergency and Specialty Referral Hospital in Charlotte NC that offers its employees a fun, supportive work environment, terrific benefits, and opportunities for growth.
Charlotte Animal Referral & Emergency is a state-of-the-art veterinary facility offering 24/7 emergency care and board-certified specialty care. Board-certified specialty services offered include internal medicine, cardiology, critical care, neurology, surgery, oncology, and ophthalmology. Our advanced diagnostic services include ultrasonography and echocardiography, electroencephalography, endoscopy, minimally-invasive surgical procedures, rapid-scan CT imaging, and high field MRI, in addition to many others. We are also very excited to announce a cardio cath lab is coming soon!
- We believe in providing exceptional patient care, compassionate client care and treating staff with respect and dedication, and they will commit to continually improve their skills and knowledge to best assist in all aspects of care.
- 4:1 technician to doctor ratio
: We re looking for a veterinary technician for our cardiology department. The pay range we re offering is $16-20+/hr which is strongly dependent on the level of experience.
- We offer company health insurance, dental insurance, voluntary vision insurance, voluntary short term disability insurance, $25k group term life insurance, voluntary group term life insurance, 401k with company match, $750 / year CE allowance, $70/ year scrub allowance, $750 Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Employee Assistance Program, opportunities for leadership conferences and professional growth.
- We also offer phenomenal employee pet discounts and a friends and family discount!
- This position will be a floating position. Your primary responsibility is to the cardiology department but in the event another department is short staffed you may be asked to help that department for the day. This will give you the experience in lots of different areas of our practice! There is no such thing as being bored at CARE!
Why Should You Apply?
- Culture, culture, culture!
- Staff wellness is a priority.
- The opportunity to advance your career through CE, emotional intelligence, and leadership conferences.
- Opportunities for on-the-job training in our new cardio cath lab!
- Tour our practice today! Click hereto watch our practice tour video.
- A minimum of 2 years of veterinary technician experience is required.
- Knowledge of automated laboratory lab analyzers, digital radiology
- Able to lift 40lbs unassisted
- Able to safely restrain patients for extended periods of time
- Strong knowledge of anesthesia and monitoring patients during procedures
- Phlebotomy and venipuncture
- IV Catheter placement
- Compassionate to patients, clients and colleges
- Assisting the cardiologists in all aspects of care
- Restrain patients safely
- Digital radiology
- Automated and manual laboratory analysis
- Assist in physical exams
- Anesthesia induction and monitoring
- Fill in-house prescriptions and call in prescriptions to pharmacies
- Provide compassionate customer service to our clients
- Client education
- Float between departments to cover staffing for sick days and vacation
Charlotte Animal Referral & Emergency is based in Charlotte N.C. This is a great place to live because of our restaurants, breweries, shopping and close proximity to hiking trails as well as the mountains and beach.
Charlotte Animal Referral & Emergency is conveniently located minutes from uptown and is easily accessible from US74.
What are your next steps?
- Our interview process consists of a phone interview, in-person interview and working interview.
- After you submit your application we will email you to schedule a phone interview.