VP and Associate General Counsel, Commercialization and Franchise Strategy
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
VP of Commercialization and Franchise Strategy
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has exclusively partnered with Parker + Lynch Legal to conduct a search for their new Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Commercial.
Since its creation, Jazz has experienced strong corporate growth, and continues to build upon a dedicated development team, a focused commercial team and a seasoned management team, all working together for the betterment of patients. The Company's next phase of growth requires continued commitment and alignment of its corporate and functional priorities.
The VP/AGC, Commercial is a key business partner and a senior member of the legal leadership team, reporting directly to the General Counsel. The VP/AGC, Commercial will provide strategic oversight to Jazz's franchise legal teams, market access legal team and regional attorneys. Beyond managing these teams, Jazz is specifically looking for a strategic, thought-leader who will work side-by-side with the Legal leadership team and business leaders to drive growth while also contributing to the Company's global commitment to patient-centered medicine and innovation. This role will drive the strategic support of key client groups and leadership including the Chief Operating Officer organization, Global Product Strategy, Global Commercial Development and Planning, General Manager for North America and Business Unit Heads, Global Medical Affairs. The ideal candidate will have deep industry knowledge and the ability to drive vision and purpose by painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action. This is an exciting time for Jazz as the company remains positioned for continued growth.
This VP/AGC will join well-established legal teams based in Palo Alto, CA, Philadelphia, PA, Dublin, Ireland, Oxford, UK, and Lyon, FR.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provide strategic leadership and collaborative support to Jazz's North America business teams in the launch and commercialization Sleep/Neuroscience and Hematology/Oncology products and all product candidates;
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with the commercial leaders to successfully drive product launch strategies in the US and globally as the Company's pipeline continues to mature;
- Provide guidance and strategic counsel on relevant areas of US healthcare law and all applicable FDA regulatory laws, fraud and abuse laws, anti-bribery, Sunshine Act and product liability statutes and regulations;
- Proactively support market access leaders in the development and implementation of strategies that will maximize the reach of Jazz's life-changing medicines;
- Drive creative, proactive legal advice to support global business initiatives and strategies including intellectual property, contracts, programs, and policies;
- Provide strategic counsel regarding pricing and reimbursement;
- Directly support the commercial regional leads in Europe and the rest of the world;
- Provide thought-leadership on relevant public policy issues to achieve consistent alignment with the Jazz mission and purpose; and
- Manage external counsel.
Required Professional Qualifications:
- A minimum of 12 years in-house experience advising a multinational/global pharmaceutical company with a strong understanding of legal department operations and technology;
- A minimum of 5-7 years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams;
- Strong background in the commercialization of pharmaceutical products in the US and globally;
- Expertise in U.S. pharmaceutical laws, regulations, and industry standards impacting the commercialization of pharmaceutical products, including the anti-kickback statute, fraud and abuse laws, and Food and Drug Administration laws and regulations;
- Experience managing a growing team of attorneys;
- Experience driving results in complex and/or matrixed cross functional environments;
- Proven track-record of strong communication skills and cultivating efficient, collaborative relationships between business and legal teams;
- Knowledge of market access and the contracting processes;
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and quickly pivot in a fast moving/changing environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget management is a strong plus;
- Compliance background is a strong plus.
- Ability to lead, develop, and grow an integrity-focused, results-oriented team
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and purpose
- Ability to cultivate creative solutions to complex legal problems while maintaining the Company's legal and ethical responsibilities
- Ability to think strategically and make clear and well-reasoned decisions
- Strong and effective communication skills, including experience developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences while also demonstrating the ability to achieve strategic goals and shared objectives
- Ability to instill trust by gaining the confidence of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school is required.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.