As the Vice President, Market Access you will be responsible for the development and execution of channel, distribution and contracting strategy. You will be responsible for several complimentary functions including channel operations, rebate and charge back operations, payer analytics/contracting, Centers of Excellence/ hospital analytics/contracting and government pricing/reporting. You will be responsible for negotiating, managing, and implementing all distribution contracts, and fee for service agreements. You will be responsible for working closely with internal stakeholders to include but not limited to finance, legal, accounting, operations, payer field team, and payer marketing. And, you will lead the contracting and negotiation strategy and the overall implementation of customer programs that ensure our organization becomes the preferred partner of choice with key targeted Payers.
- Collaborate with leadership to evaluate and analyze key business drivers, risks and opportunities to proactively maximize profit and achieve successful commercial execution
- Conduct meaningful financial analysis and develop insights-driven reporting to drive optimal decision making
- Develop and implement targeted Pricing Actions across segments to maximize profitability
- Liaise with finance, sales, portfolio, sourcing, and other functional areas to identify and deploy operational best practices - both regionally and within individual business units
- Align the overall strategy with the Pricing and Contract Strategy at the customer level
- Translate high-level strategic goals into pricing strategies. Primary pricing subject matter expert to work with Portfolio and Sourcing on new product and supplier launches. Provide recommendations on List Price and Cost and establishing customer discounts for new and existing product lines
- Create new and innovative ways to write pricing structures for customer contracts leveraging Price Guidance
- Coordinate strategic pricing activities across portfolio and align by sales channel
- Develop tools and analytics to support market pricing benchmarks that can be used across the Americas business
- Gather market insights and drivers to inform Field and Franchise views on pricing elasticity, competition and broader market factors to help support the pricing strategy
- Make recommendations to senior leadership about pricing strategies based on customer profiles and historical usage analysis
- Negotiate and Influence internally to encourage adoption and testing of new pricing structures and strategies
- Effectively implement and manage committed customer pricing, including the year end pricing process
- Provide responsible and responsive management of customer commercial business terms
- Develop and proliferate pricing best practices, tools, templates, training, and reference materials
- Recruit, train, lead, and develop pricing & contracting team. Organize team to best serve the business; sets priorities; monitors results
- Develop and maintain internal controls over the pricing activities to ensure compliance with internal control requirements
- Understand and manage contractual commitments
- Coordinate external customer audits, including negotiation of timeline, audit requirements, and settlement
- Display a high degree of ownership for the quality and timeliness of our offers and the fit with our strategic and financial objectives
- Conduct on-going reporting of key metrics on the impact of our contracting and pricing strategies on contract access, volume, market share, price erosion, price impact and profitability
- Review and approve all government price reporting calculations and documentation, ensuring accuracy and compliance to regulations
- Demonstrate an understanding of FSS and CMS statutory price calculations (NFAMP, IFF, AMP, BP, URA), State Price Reporting, 340B, Tricare and the programs and calculations to support evaluations and analytics of pricing and product scenario planning
- Develop and implement Distribution strategy with 3PL and Specialty pharmacy distributors
- Develop and implement distribution contracting framework and network to support overall Specialty Pharmacy distribution strategy
- Work together with internal Team around Patient Services HUB coordination with Specialty Pharmacy distributors
- Builds strong working relationships with Home Office personnel and franchise product groups to support collaboration on NAD initiatives
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's/advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years field-based pharmaceutical/biotech Sales and/or Marketing experience with at least 5 years of direct managed care experience
- Role model of the company vision, mission and values (patients, science, passion).
- Hires and develops best in class talent aligned with company vision, mission and values.
- Successful working in both big pharma as well as small biotech start-up company environments.
- Develops and sustains highly collaborative and effective cross-functional working relationships with US and European colleagues.
- Develop key external relationships with payers, KOLs and business partners.
- Demonstrates high level of professional expertise within the functional discipline.
- Turns strategy into action; proactively develops own functional area to be prepared for the future to ensure long-term success, including brand life-cycle management.
- Therapeutic experience in the Endocrine marketplace preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making for formulary processes, coverage, coding, billing, and patient access to drugs, biologicals, medical devices
- Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Experience negotiating contracts and agreements
- Outstanding consultative and networking capabilities
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to skillfully negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Understanding of organizational behavior, corporate culture and be able to flourish in a complex and rapidly evolving workplace.
- Possesses broad base and in-depth understanding of reimbursement issues, payer segments, use of specialty pharmacies, the J-Code application process, managed market customers including private and public payers, national and regional health plans, state Medicaid, Medicare Part B and D, VA/DOD, PBM's, Employers, IDNs, Medical Groups and ACOs.
- Extensive relationships and contracting experience with payers, health systems and organized customers at the national and regional level.
TSP is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)