About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Takes the lead to improve inventory processes in the warehouse. Improves material flow and transaction processes throughout the site by solving problems, sharing solutions, and ideas within the warehouse and with other departments.
- Development and facilitate of warehouse cycle counting schedule and strategy
- Serves as the SME for all Site Clayton WMS and ERP material transaction processes
- Guides and facilitates inventory controllers in the execution of the cycle counting strategy
- Champions routine maintenance program for Site Clayton WMS and ERP systems
- Execute Projects
- Lead project initiatives driven by data trends associated with system transactions and material flows
- Manage low to medium complexity projects within budget, on time and within scope
- Facilitate change management based on site-wide trends in material consumption and movement
- Challenges and optimizes existing inventory management systems through data-based analysis
- Develops automated reports for analysis of material staging locations, material return locations, pick order fulfillment, and material consumption by aseptic and finished production lines
- Stakeholder management
- Facilitates regular meetings with key stakeholders to ensure good relations and receive feedback on core processes
- Leads SPS on site trends in material transaction errors and discrepancies
- As the position involves contact with numerous internal and external stakeholders, clear, precise & polite communication is essential
- Works with accounting and GBS to facilitate audits for on-site and off-site warehouse locations
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education & relevant experience in supply chain management/warehousing/inventory management
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience, preferably in a GMP warehouse or pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of one (1) years of related experience utilizing automated warehousing systems, preferably in a GMP warehouse or pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience with computerized inventory systems such as SAP or PASX
- Ability to read, writes legibly, & understands all department documentation
- Basic math skills including knowledge of metric system
- Computer competencies required basic Microsoft Office knowledge: Outlook, Power Point, Teams & Word
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Training or experience to demonstrate an understanding of the risks inherent to the processing, handling & storage of hazardous materials
- Ability to operate stand-up & sit-down forklifts
- Willing to learn Lean manufacturing concepts through completion of cLEAN® Basic & 1 Star training
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to execute a work plan & adapt to changes in the schedule
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment &/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Occasionally performs critical job functions in extremely cold work environments
- Corrected vision to 20/30
- Occasionally ascends\descends a ladder to service equipment & can work atop elevated positions
- Ability to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Ability to accurately judge depth from at least sixteen feet
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.