, the largest exclusively commercial veterinary diagnostic laboratory in the nation, is in search of a Temporary
working out of our Seattle/ Kirkland Lab and reporting directly to the Manager. This position will last 12-18 weeks.
As part of the VCA Family, which operates the largest network of freestanding, full-service animal hospitals in the nation, Antech Diagnostics delivers state of the art testing and consulting services to practicing veterinarians. Our diagnostic spectrum of tests in the areas of chemistry, pathology, endocrinology, serology, hematology, and microbiology enhance veterinarians' ability to detect, diagnose, evaluate and prevent disease and other conditions affecting animals.
Antech Diagnostics is in search of clinically-trained MLTs looking to use their skills in a whole new way, or Vet Techs looking to grow their careers in laboratory diagnostics.
As a Laboratory Generalist you will perform laboratory testing that helps veterinarians diagnose and treat pets across the United States. You will join a fast-paced work environment that encourages teamwork and quality, and offers opportunities for personal growth.
You will be using automated analyzers, microscopes and other laboratory diagnostic tools to perform analyses and tests that diagnose animal illnesses, injuries and diseases in support of veterinarian animal treatment. You will be responsible for setting up and running lab tests, and reading and releasing results according to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures). You can expect to specialize in one or more of the following areas:
- Testing cell-related components of blood samples to enumerate and identify their cellular components, including the microscopic evaluation of blood smears and the use of automated and manual counting techniques.
- Analysis and evaluation of chemical and microscopic components of urine samples, using automated instrumentation and manual techniques.
- Testing blood and body fluids for various analyses, utilizing automated instrumentation.
- Associates/Baschelor's Degree in Science related field or Veterinary Technician with a minimum of 1 year clinical laboratory experience
- Certification as a Veterinary Technician (RVT, LVT, CVT - Registered, Licensed or Certified through American Veterinary Medical Association accredited program-AVMA) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) (American Society of Clinical Pathology-ASCP), or military equivalent a plus.
- 1 year clinical lab experience
- Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running and reading lab tests and operating lab instruments.
- Experience in hematology/chemistry, urinalysis and specimen processing.
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) as appropriate.
We are a rapidly growing, stable company with excellent advancement opportunity. Medical, dental and vision benefits, plus 401(k) plan and employee pet health benefits available, too!
If you are passionate about animal healthcare, are motivated by making a difference we want to hear from you!