The Sr. Project Manager, under the direction of the Core Team and the Project Sponsor, helps guide the project team through the Epic implementation. They will provide project management and/or coordination for Epic EHR deployment projects. This role may also be assigned to other projects outside of Epic implementations, depending on the Epic rollout schedule.
Responsibilities include project and task planning with subject matter experts and application area project managers, effort and resource estimating, time tracking, status reporting, and deliverable management. This individual may potentially manage smaller system deployments, custom system enhancements, tool evaluation projects, process analysis, designs, etc.
- May manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues, communicating across leadership
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, and issues
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Identify and develop a trusted advisor relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
Education and Technical
- Bachelors' degree in Information Systems / Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- Tools include MS Project and the MS Office Suite
- PMP Certification Highly Recommended
- Experience implementing Epic required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using a structured packaged systems deployment methodology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing small projects (3 to 5 people) or as a team lead on large projects (15 or more people)
- Experience analyzing business and systems needs to develop project plans including tasks, resource estimates, team members, deliverables (e.g. test and training plans), procedures and design documents
- Experience in a Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office
Training and Certification
• “Overview of Implementation” training at Epic
• Certification in an Epic application is not required
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Project Manager, EMR, Engineer, Manager, Information Systems, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering, Management