About the Department
At Novo Nordisk our Finance, and Operations (F&O) team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
As a member of the Advanced Analytics & Innovation (AA&I) team, collaborates with team members and other Commercial Insights & Analytics (CI&A) teams to deliver advanced data and analytics solutions to Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) Commercial Stakeholders to benefit patients, prescribers and other stakeholders. Works across the CI&A organization, as well as with stakeholders across the NNI organization and with consultants and partners, to implement advanced data and analytics solutions to critical business questions. Applies statistical and machine learning methods to deliver solutions leveraging internal and syndicated commercial datasets such as Xponent Plantrak, LAAD, Experian, Veeva, ICM and other. Collaborates with Associate Director, Advanced Analytics to deliver Marketing Mix and related promotional analytics.
Reports to Senior Director, Advanced Analytics and Innovation within the CI&A team. Internal relationships include directors and members of other CI&A teams, Commercial Operations, IT, Marketing brand leads, extended brand teams and other Marketing stakeholders, as well as other Finance & Operations stakeholders (Finance, PCOR, etc.). External relationships include secondary data vendors and consultants. Senior-level (VP and higher) exposure through presentations on Marketing Mix and related topics.
- Collaborates with AA&I team members, other CI&A and/or F&O colleagues, and/orLoB stakeholders to define advanced analytics/ML opportunities, determine appropriate datasets and algorithms, identify patterns and formulate solutions, experiment and deliver analytics and models
- Collaborate with internal and/or external resources (i.e., consultants and partner) to define and deliver innovative data and analytics solutions and services response to business requirements and priorities. Areas of focus will include, but not be limited to: promotion analytics, patient analytics, managed market analytics, and related
- Provide analytical and presentation development support of the Marketing Mix process and related analytics (buy-ups, ROI of specific programs, etc.)
- Explores and evaluates new data driven approaches to generating insights and solutions to address business issues
- Works with other CI&A team members, IT and data engineers to acquire and transform datasets (e.g., NPP, LAAD) that deliver critical business insights. Defines and creates metrics that can be leveraged by CI&A analysts to deliver insights to their stakeholders
- Applies skill in data science and statistical analysis in support of organization-wide project and programs
- Provides guidance and QC oversight to more junior team members, and colleagues in other CI&A areas in use and delivery of analytics and analytical tools
- Delivers presentations on results of Marketing Mix and related analysis to senior leadership across the organization
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics or related field required; MS or MBA preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant pharmaceuticals experience in ROI analytics, business analysis, sales analysis, forecasting, quantitative finance, data science or other related areas. Appropriate educational background maybe substituted for some experience
- Statistical and programming experience required
- Proficient in two or more programming tools such as Python, R, SAS, Stata and demonstrated ability to learn new analytical and programming techniques required
- Experience with IQVIA datasets and other industry sources preferred, but demonstrated experience analyzing and managing large, structure datasets to generate insighs is essential
- Experience with leading visualization tools and capabilities highly desirable – e.g., Tableau, Qlilksense, Plotly Dash, ggplot, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated experience presenting to senior-level audiences on complex topics
- Ability to collect and synthesize complex information, making it relevant, understandable and actionable for key stakeholders. Able to tell stories around data and analytics that resonate with key stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex, unstructured problems with minimal supervision
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills required
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.