Manager, Nutritional Services - Adventist Health Ukiah Valley
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located in a town filled with charm and rich in character, Adventist Health Ukiah Valley is an acute care hospital and 21 clinics serving communities from the Mendocino coast to Lake County. In addition to standard acute services, Adventist Health Ukiah Valley has a level IV trauma center, maternity and level II intensive care nursery services, an extensive physical rehabilitation program, outpatient surgery and diagnostic center and an advanced wound care center. Its network of clinics include primary care and specialty care, from internal medicine, gastroenterology and urology to otolaryngology.
Ukiah is situated just two hours north of San Francisco and 45 minutes from the Pacific Coast, Ukiah is also filled with terrific scenery, outdoor activities, and a beautifully restored historic downtown, where freedom of expression is a tradition and a way of life.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Manager, Nutritional Services who:
Manages nutritional services department staffing, scheduling, training, competency, and productivity. Ensures quality and safety of food, procurement, budgeting, and cost management. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Serves as working supervisor for team or work group using comprehensive knowledge of a seasoned professional.
- Supervises daily operations for area of responsibility. Monitors staffing/census fluctuations, anticipates problems and responds in advance whenever possible. Facilitates effective organization of staff, equipment, supplies, and time.
- Assures that quality nutritional care is provided to patients by directing and monitoring the provision of nutrition. Screens patients for nutritional risk, with intervention activities as appropriate. Uses consistent exercise of discretion and judgment.
- Coordinates departmental purchases with Executive Chef and Registered Dietician for maximization of resources. Purchases food and equipment for department needs effectively and efficiently while minimizing food waste and improving services. Supports/oversees special events/projects. Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance, evaluating and comparing possible courses-of-action, and making decisions/recommendations after considering the various possibilities.
- Monitors and maintains records required for patients, including diet orders, nourishments, food preferences, nutrition assessment/intervention, progress charting, special needs and diet instructions/nutritional counseling provided for patients and caregivers.
- Ensures that all safety and sanitation standards are met including proper operation and care of equipment according to regulatory agencies. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Five years technical experience: Preferred
- One year's leadership experience: Preferred
- Registered Dietitian (RD): Preferred
- ServSafe Certification: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.