Medical Receptionist II
Medical Receptionist II
Job Number: 285291Schedule: Full-timeShift: VariableJob Category: Patient ServicesLocation: California-Santa Clarita
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and interview system.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant professional experience.
Providence is calling a Medical Receptionist lI (Full-Time /Variable Shift) to Providence Facey Medical Foundation in Santa Clarita, CA
We are seeking a Medical Receptionist II
who, as a member of the patient care team and the primary point of patient contact, will be responsible for positive patient relations, proper telephone communication, appointment scheduling, patient registration, medical chart tracking, as well as payment and co-payment collection. Will also perform routine duties associated with the collection and maintenance of current patient demographics and insurance information.
In this position you will:
- Deliver upon the service expectations of both our patients and fellow staff members by listening to their needs; engaging in positive interactions; and following through on promises made in a thoughtful, efficient, timely and courteous manner so that their total outcome is better than expected
- Respect the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of patients
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards Report any unsafe conditions to their supervisor and/or the safety hotline
- Greet/Check patients into department, answer phones, make appointments, verify appointments, and keep patients informed as to delays in the physician's schedule, print daily schedule as needed
- Update patient demographics, collect co-pays/payments, assure eligibility or secure an eligibility guarantee, request and send charts
- Be responsible for gathering all necessary information required for the registration of new patients and for the updating of existing accounts: personal, demographic, financial and insurance
- Prepare daily sign-in sheets
- Monitor sign-in sheet to ensure that all patients are appropriately called and coordinate communication between patient and staff
- Generate patient labels/fee tickets
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the daily cash box
- At the close of the business day, balance monies and prepare the Daily Cash Box Report (DCBR), attaching the calculator tape
- Gather all checks, cash, any bankcard data and the DCBR together with the daily appointment schedule (indicating monies to be collected) and a copy of the patient sign-in sheet
- Submit this package to the Lead Medical Receptionist for approval and forwards to the facility Business Services Coordinator
- Handle complaints in a professional manner and refers to the Lead, Regional Director or Patient Liaison, when necessary
- Demonstrate courtesy and helpfulness toward patients and their families, information given is accurate and complete
- Ensure efficient written and oral communication
- Demonstrate commitment to education and sharing of knowledge
- Assist in the orientation of new personnel to the office
- Obtain ongoing education consistent with level and area of practice
- May be asked to serve as a preceptor to others including but not limited to:
- Completion of an 8-hour preceptor class
- Orient and train new personnel or assist in re-orienting/re-training existing personnel
- Review appropriate checklist and monitor completion of specific areas
- Help the orientee seek learning opportunities with a review of pertinent Policy and Procedure, observation skills, and checklist completion
- Provide feedback to supervisor on areas completed and areas needing additional training
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Type minimum 25 wpm (net) and possess computer skills
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with public and coworkers
- Working knowledge of insurances: HMO/P PO/EPO/Indemnity/Worker's Compensation
- Working knowledge of computerized registration, billing and collection procedures
- Ability to recognize and set priorities to accomplish established objectives
- Ability to perform basic math computations
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Two (2) years experience in a medical setting or equivalent education
About the hospital you will serve.
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities across Alaska, California, New Mexico, Montana, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit Our Mission As expressions of God's healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.About Us Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.