Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Marcus Autism Center
Requisition #: 70163
Provides direct client services under the supervision of a BCBA or BCBA-D. The Behavior Technician is primarily responsible for the direct implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) protocols.
• High school diploma
• No minimum experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is highly preferred (Psychology, Education, ABA, Behavioral Health, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, etc.)
- Experience in the implementation of behavioral assessment/treatment programs with children with developmental disabilities
- Knowledge of normal/abnormal growth and development throughout the age continuum
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Current RBT OR able to obtain within 60 days of employment
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
• Ability to provide, assess, interpret, and communicate client-specific data in response to treatment protocols
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills along with ability to manage multiple tasks
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to successfully pass the Registered Behavior Technician exam, the Marcus Crisis Prevention Program (MCPP) post-test, and teaching procedures role playing
1. Provides direct client care utilizing applied behavior analysis protocols under the supervision of a BCBA or BCBA-D.
2. Communicates case-related activities with supervisors using written and verbal communication.
3. Accurately collects behavior data during direct observations using data collection systems.
4. Assists in the monitoring (e.g., data collection and data entry) and adjustment of routine behavioral assessments and protocols.
5. Utilizes safe and appropriate handling, management, and guidance procedures when transporting or working with clients.
6. Completes a daily assignment (e.g., research data entry, creating packets of documents, tidying up areas of the unit, etc.).
7. Attends team supervision meetings and required trainings.
SYSTEM RESPONSIBILITIES*PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistanceBending/Stooping - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1920 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Allied Health - Behavior Health