United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Senior Accountant, Corporate Finance & Compliance will assist in the coordination of the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) financial reporting process, including coordinating with the internal finance, legal, and investor relations departments, independent auditors, and others within the organization. This role will also help to ensure an effective internal control environment and help evaluate technical accounting conclusions as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of 10-Q, 10-K, Proxy and other SEC filings, including financial statements, footnote disclosures and MD&A to ensure timely and accurate filings in accordance with SEC deadlines. This includes all aspects of SEC reporting, including data gathering, processing and control, drafting and document filing, including XBRL review.
- Assist other members of the Finance team to maintain and update existing Sarbanes-Oxley 404 documentation; collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure audit deadlines are met
- Provide direct support on various special projects for accounting and financial reporting implications
- Prepare various equity reconciliations, share-based compensation calculations, and other items as needed to ensure accurate quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Assist in the preparation of statutory audits and other regulatory filings
- Other duties as assigned
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) BA/BS degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of total work experience, in either public accounting and/or corporate. Prior or current Big 4 experience servicing SEC registrants and/or prior or current experience working with a large public company.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Advanced analytical, organization, written and communication skills
- Strong command of internal controls guidance, process improvement, and related documentation
- Microsoft Office, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge/familiarity with SAP and Workiva
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities