We are currently looking for Senior Biostatisticians to join our team in Portugal.
Our goal at IQVIA is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that helps medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible. We use data, collected for clinical (and other) purposes to answer research questions such as "which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?" Our fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific challenges we face.
- Lead the development of study protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs), programming specification and output documents
- Guide the analytical team to clean and prepare small to large-sized real-world healthcare databases
- Serve as methodological expert to provide guidance on design and analysis of observational studies
- Lead the quality control of SAPs, analyses and reporting of statistical analysis
- Contribute to communication strategies and present insights and perspectives to clients, internal training courses and conference presentations
- Oversee the preparation of abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences
- Contribute to business development activities including proposal development
- Lead operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of internal guidance documents (e.g., SOPs and quality management documents)
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or in a related discipline
- Proven experience working with large, individual-level data sets
- Strong statistical programming skills in a statistical package (SAS and/or R)
- Excellent time management skills, contributing to multiple projects with competing timelines
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with people of other disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Exposure to the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
- Previous line management experience
- Prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO or other service sector in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of real-world data needs of pharmaceutical clients
- Interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
Publications in peer reviewed journals and/or abstracts in scientific conferences
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.