The Configuration Analyst 1 is accountable for examining a wide range of configuration change requests for the purposes of establishing the technical scope of the change, its impact on existing system configuration and processes and the exact nature of the modifications required to implement the change. Accountable for the designing, writing, testing, training, documenting and implementation of configurations which meet new and changing customer requirements.
The pay range for this position is $24.40/hr. (entry-level qualifications) - $41.28/hr. (highly experienced) The specific rate will depend upon the successful candidate’s specific qualifications and prior experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Configures, tests and documents configuration solutions.
- Maintains assigned subsystem.
- Monitors existing system functionality and makes recommendations, where appropriate, to maintain acceptable levels of performance, reliability, and end user satisfaction.
- Utilizes system development lifecycle methodology to implement system changes to production environments.
- Installs, quality checks, and tests new/existing system configuration, software changes, and new releases/upgrades to ensure the accuracy, completeness and compatibility of changes.
- Ensures the quality and integrity of work requests though the use of production validation and audit strategies.
- Researches complex problems to ascertain possible solutions. Designs and implements solutions to help key business targets, including developing design requirements and technical specifications.
- Creates complex design documents through the assessment of requirements. Assesses alternatives to different designs and chooses best solution to fit business needs. Considers interdepartmental impact when recommending solutions.
- Serves as an internal consultant and subject matter professional by effectively participating on numerous cross-functional teams and projects, as well as troubleshooting inquiries and issues from other departments.
- Develops, maintains, and disseminates internal and external configuration documentation, including status updates. Prepares procedural and customer documentation when required.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Broad operational managed care background preferred.
- Previous training and documentation experience preferred.
- Exceptional data, problem solving and project management skills.
- Able to perform complex business and product requirement study.
- Demonstrates a high level of aptitude in utilizing data investigation and query tools such as MS-Access, SQL, and MS-Excel in order to identify root-cause issues.
- Knowledge and expertise of medical benefit policies and plan designs, claims hospital and medical processing, and adjudication with data skills.
- Working knowledge of CPT-4, ICD-10-CM and general medical terminology.
Excellent relational skills, including the ability to work with all levels of personnel.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualifications
- 2 Years of Experience