Western New York
HealthCare Recruiters International is looking for a seasoned Lab Manager. This position is in Western New York, close to beautiful Niagara Falls.
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner with patients, family and other medical personnel as necessary to obtain information for laboratory records, explain procedures, clarify orders and communicate status.
- Interprets regulatory guidelines for ancillary testing programs and translates into policy and procedure development, initiates corrective action as soon as deficiency is identified, completes checklist and other information sheets as required and coordinates on-site inspection of lab.
- Provides interpretation/consultation and verification of specimen quality and test results.
- Discusses and evaluates hemostasis and thrombosis case studies
- Assists with on call responsibilities for lab emergencies
- Mentors Hem/Onc Fellows from UB Medical Program
Lab Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology or related discipline
- NYS License as Medical Technologist or appropriate “special provisions” as accepted by NYSDOH (as of 9/1/2006)
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience as a medical technologist in a clinical laboratory setting
Lab Manager Compensation
- Full benefits