Senior Data Engineer, Cloud Solutions Development
Senior Data Engineer, Cloud Solutions Development
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
We build on the strength of our research and development expertise and a distinctive, entrepreneurial culture that encourages diversity, innovation, creativity, sustainability, and, simply, fun. Since inception, our mission has been to find a cure for pulmonary arterial hypertension and other life-threatening diseases. Toward this goal we have successfully gained FDA approval for five medicines, we are always conducting new clinical trials, and we are working to create an unlimited supply of manufactured organs for transplantation.
We are the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of “medicines for life”. We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, and other orphan diseases.
How you’ll contribute
Lead the establishment of technical design and procedural frameworks related to the solutioning of complex business systems. Drive the creation of analytics, automated reporting, data pipelines, and data stores in the cloud. Develop a foundational knowledge of United Therapeutics business operations and identify, define, and develop key business metrics to inform stakeholders enterprise-wide. Collaborate with software engineers and solutions architect team members to advise on optimal data structures, transfers, and stores.
- Build and maintain optimized and highly available azure data factory pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting
- Review and analyze complex business, operational or technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and provide consistent feedback throughout development process
- Lead data integration work including - developing data models, maintaining data warehouses, optimizing an analytics environment, and writing scripts for data integration and analysis
- Resolve complex issues and lead teams to meet data engineering deliverables while leveraging a solid understanding of data information policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult directly with business stakeholders to resolve data engineering issues and achieve business-specific strategic goals
- Develop automated reporting in the form of dashboards, e-mailed reports, and ad-hoc analytics
- Become a subject matter expert on highly visible and frequently viewed data sets
- Recommend tooling to optimize data integrations, development, and change management
For this role you will need
- Associates Degree in science or a related field with 7+ years of experience in data engineering and database administration or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in a related field with a 5+ years of experience in data engineering and database administration
- 5+ years of experience developing analytical SQL queries using the suite of Microsoft SQL products with a BS degree and
- 5+ years of experience architecting and managing Microsoft SQL server (RDMS) databases and data stores and
- 5+ years of creating, maintaining and tuning integration and ETL technologies and
- 5+ years of experience serving as a direct liaison to business and interpreting requirements and translating them to solutioned outputs and
- 3+ years of experience working with DevOps repositories and DevOps tooling and
- 2+ years of experience with developing and maintaining PowerBI dashboards and
- 2+ years of experience in ML model development and execution and
- 1+ years of experience working within an Azure cloud based architecture including data factory, synapse and azure sql and
- Mulesoft or other connection and ETL tooling
- Microsoft T-SQL development
- Database architecting and design
- ETL techniques for Database management
- Customer service skills and the ability to talk through requirements gathering
- Able to work independently as well as work with a team
- Technical writing and analysis
- PowerBI for dashboarding and data integration
- Azure Data Factories for data migrations and data pipelines
- Azure DevOps Pipelines for code integration and automation of infrastructure
- Documentation skills being able to make UML diagrams to document and brainstorm programming architecture
- Ability to produce and understand IEEE software engineering documents like requirements and specification documents
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
While United Therapeutics does not require vaccination for Covid-19 at this time, we strongly encourage all employees and visitors to remain up to date on vaccinations and boosters to protect one another from illness. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere and comply with customers’ credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination against Covid -19, the influenza virus, and other illnesses that could be harmful to healthcare staff and patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities