Surgical Technician, Part Time, Benefited, Variable Shift - Surgery
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located minutes from Lanikai Beach in Windward Oahu, Adventist Health Castle is nestled at the base of the beautiful Ko'olau mountain range. More than just a beautiful campus, AHCS also one of five organizations nationwide to receive the 2017 Baldrige National Quality Award.
Featuring a full-service medical center, Castle offers a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services, with over 1,000 employees and staffed by more than 300 physicians. Located just outside of Kailua, AHCS serves all of O'ahu and is the primary health care facility for the Windward side of the island.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Surgical Technician who:
Assists the surgical team in the preparation of surgical procedures in the operating room. Prepares surgical cases by creating and maintaining a sterile field, retracting and passing instruments, supplies and medications to surgeons during cases. Performs a variety of technical skills, including the maintenance of supplies.
- Prepares for each surgical case by accurately checking required supplies and equipment prior to case. Assembles appropriate supplies/equipment prior to operative procedures. Reviews equipment inventory for specialty as assigned. Sets up operative instrumeCollects data on assigned surgical cases by the unit based Performance Standards of Care. Cleans equipment and facilities as necessary. Performs housekeeping duties as requested.
- Transports patients according to unit schedules and priorities. Provides clerical duties.
- Completes instrument, sponge, needle and blade counts with the Registered Nurse (RN) according to established standards.
- Sets up/maintains neat and orderly sterile field demonstrating careful attention to aseptic technique. Labels solutions according to established standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Required
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Scrub technician experience: Required
- Operating room experience and/or training course: Required
- Surgery Technician certification: Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - American Heart Association certification: Required
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.